I have have a CIBTAC Honours Diploma in Diet and Nutrition and I am a member of the Federation of Nutrional Therapists.
You are what you eat – Food is not just about what we eat but how we assimilate it and absorb the nutrients available to give the perfect energy and growth.
No single food can provide all the essential nutrients that the body needs to be healthy and function efficiently. A well-balanced diet is one that includes foods from all food groups in appropriate amounts, so as to ensure proper nutrition. Proper nutrition ensures that all essential nutrients (carbohydrates, fats, protein, vitamins, minerals and water) are supplied to the body to maintain optimal health and well-being
Common health conditions that may benefit are:
- Digestive problems e.g: constipation, bloating, IBS
- Overweight or underweight; difficulty losing weight
- Headaches and migraines
- Persistent tiredness and lack of energy
- Joint aches and arthritis
- Cardiovascular illness e.g. high blood pressure
- Mood swings, depression and lack of motivation
- Frequent colds and infections
- Skin problems e.g. acne, eczema, dry flaky skin,
- Thrush and candidiasis
- Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Food sensitivities and adverse reactions.
After taking your case history and the completion of a detailed questionnaire an individual treatment plan will be drawn up with recommendations on your diet and possible supplementation.
Initial consultation £75
Consultations available at Dorchester Osteopaths, Charles Street Clinic, 47 Charles Street, Dorchester DT1 1EE; home visit or by Skype or phone